Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's Cookin' KG? Roasted Veggies and Brown Tilapia

I had friends over for Monday night TV time. I roasted the same veggies I always do and they were a hit! Well most of them. I guess not everyone likes sprouts as much as I do. Here's a before and after of the roasting process. 
I use about 1 tbls. of organic extra virgin olive oil to coat the veggies first.


Then I season with sea salt and pepper using these grinders from Target.



That's it! It's in the oven on 375-400 depending on your size oven (my oven is small so 375 is perfect for me) for 30-35 minutes. I roll them around halfway through for even cooking.



I knew I wanted something a little different than the regular baked tilapia I've been cooking so I started sauteing my sweet peppers, onions and garlic in EVOO. I seasoned the tilapia and laid them on top of the peppers, covered and simmered (the fish doesn't touch the pan, basically steamed). When everything was 90% done I added 2 tbls of Less Sodium soy sauce to try something different. GLAD I DID! It was awesome. A perfect pairing was about 10 stalks of roasted asparagus and some sprouts! 



Peace & Blessings,
KG

Note: I RARELY know what I'm going to create in the kitchen. If you're new to cooking just start cooking....experiment and see what happens. It's a journey of discovery!


No comments:

Post a Comment